Just a few months ago my daughter & son-in-law put a baby registry together. Being first-time parents, it was difficult for them to know what they needed to put on it. Here is great help for future parents and their family and friends.
xpecting your first baby can be a daunting and overwhelming proposition. Aside from preparing to welcome a new life into the world, there is also the prospect of spending money (and hopefully finding deals and coupons on) a lot of things for someone you won’t be familiar with until they get here. Don’t panic; we have a list of six essentials you should not leave off the baby registry.
- Diaper bags no longer have to look like ordinary diaper bags. This Skip Hop Versa Diaper Tote looks like an expensive purse rather than your run-of-the-mill diaper bag. It includes a cushioned changing pad, and comes with eleven pockets for you to store all your diapers, wipes, and other baby essentials. You can find this diaper tote and others like it at department stores such as Macy’s.
- Finding the right crib can be an exercise in frustration. There are just too many choices, and too many things to consider, such as safety, whether it goes with your nursery decor, or if it will even fit into your baby’s room. If you want to save money, we recommend buying sets, such as the Savannah Grayson three piece cherry set, which is available at stores like JCPenney. The three piece set includes the crib, changing tower and a four-drawer chest. The crib will also convert to a toddler daybed, and eventually, a full-size headboard and footboard, so you won’t have to spend extra on beds. The rails, which will prevent your toddler from falling off the bed when they are transitioning to a daybed, are sold separately.
- If you have a large house, or your room is far apart from the baby’s room, you will want to invest in a baby monitor so you can hear your baby when he or she is sleeping. We love the Motorola Remote Wireless Baby Monitor, because you can get both audio and crisp audio. You can watch reruns of Game of Thrones in peace without having to worth about not hearing your baby. You can find this monitor at stores like Kohl’s.
- Portability is a great feature of any baby equipment. Portable playards that come with crib seats are lifesavers for parents who have to travel. We especially like the Graco Pack’n Play Playard, which comes with a “Cuddle Cove” rocking seat which you can turn on to gently vibrate to keep your baby calm. The playard is also perfect for those moments you need to leave your baby alone for a few seconds or minutes so you can catch up on chores or showering!
- A humidifier is an often-missed essential that will keep your baby breathing smoothly throughout colds and fevers. Pediatricians recommend using them whenever your baby gets sick, since the humidity helps keep the nasal passages open. We like the Homedics Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier, which you can turn on in conjunction with four soothing sounds, such as white noise, heartbeat, and soothing lullabies to keep your baby calm and rested. It also comes with a thirty minute sleep mode, which can be a lifesaver for sleepy parents who forget to turn off the humidifier.
Allison is an avid shopper and an experienced writer with
a passion for deals and coupons and for saving her readers money.
She currently writes for leading coupon and online promo code site
bluepromocode.com based in Santa Monica, California.