“I’m never doing that again!”
am one to try new places and new foods. Just a bit ago, I tried frog legs for the first time! Yup, I liked them! So, for me to think of something new and thought, I’m never doing that again, is far and few between.
The one thing that keeps coming to mind is well over 18 years ago, when my middle son was maybe a year or so old, and we were given the opportunity to go on one of those big high swings that is often at fairs – to go on it together, me holding him. When I think back to it, it still gives me the chills. First, I am shocked they’d even suggested it or allowed it. And, I think it was one of the first times I dealt with a real panic attack. I was doing it for my little guy. But as soon as we started swinging around, I thought I was going to die. I am sure I practically took the wind out of him, squeezing him so hard. I never knew I had a fear of heights. I had gone on them before and never had a fear of it. It was probably the longest five minutes of my life. I could see my husband and other kids below. They could not hear my silent screams or know how fast my heart was racing. I kept fearing I was going to drop my baby. I just could not think straight or calmly whatsoever.
When I got off, I could barely walk. It took quite awhile to calm down. And, I know I said and continue to say, “I’m never doing that again!”
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (anintrovertmind.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (emalaia.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (cstinnette.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (discoverkab.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (logisticconsultantse2e.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (ejsheltonphoto.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Never Again (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt : Never (hope337.wordpress.com)