Start . . .
I only knew my husband’s grandmother a few years before she went to heaven. I am thankful she got to see and hold our first child. One of my special memories with her though, is when I was pregnant with that baby and my husband and I went to see her. I still remember where she was sitting in their living room. I mentioned to her that I thought our baby was going to be very musical because he keeps rhythm or beat. He would just tap away in my belly. She put her wrinkled hand on my belly and then smiled.
“That’s the hiccups!” she told me.
How was a first-time pregnant mama to know that?!?!? I just thought I had a very musical child! (This baby is 26 years old now – and IS musical – sings well and plays the guitar!)
I’ve shared this story several times with my first-time pregnant daughter and a week or so ago, her little baby girl had the hiccups in her. . . a special rhythm to bring more awe with the wonder of a new little life growing. We cannot wait to meet her in September!
. . . Finish
Joining Lisa-Jo and her Five Minute Friday.
” five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right “
MORE Five Minute Friday Participants!
- Five Minute Friday: Rhythm (confidentingrace.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Rhythm (goomfh.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday Prompt: Rhythm (iamwhoiamnowblog.wordpress.com)
- 5 Minute Friday Rhythm (thehopejourney.wordpress.com)
- His Rhythm (thefullestjoy.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Rhythm (pilgrimwanderings.com)
- five minute friday | rhythm (maryhess.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Rhythm (loveandlaundryblog.wordpress.com)