You receive a gift that is bittersweet and makes you nostalgic. What is it?
our youngest son, now 6, has been the ring bearer for our three kids’ weddings in the last 2 years. Of course, we thought he was quite adorable and he took it very seriously and did a great job. But as with any of our celebrations there’s always that missing person, our son, Matthew who has been in heaven over 8 years now. Next week will be his 25th birthday. Especially when our oldest son got married, I noticed the gap – he would have been standing next to his brother. I hope God gave him a peek through the clouds of his siblings’ special days.
One of the gifts my mom-in-law gave me for my last birthday was this picture of Matthew as a ring bearer for my husband’s sister’s wedding – nearly 22 years ago. It definitely is a very bittersweet, nostalgic picture that I am SO thankful for and for the precious memory that I hold dear.
- Bittersweet Symphony – My Gargolye (soulfoodwords.me)
- Daily Prompt: Bittersweet Memories (marta87wink.wordpress.com)
- Daily Post: Bittersweet Memories (patcoyle53.wordpress.com)
- Daily Post: Bittersweet Memories (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Bittersweet (suzie81.wordpress.com)
- Bittersweet Memories (kansamuse.wordpress.com)