And holes that joy used to slip through are slowly closing over.
I’m a survivor of the after.
I am also the survivor of the after . . . many afters . . .
- after my husband and I eloped and some family accepted after several months – other family never did;
- after a wonderful home birth and then after two open heart surgeries for that baby;
- after the burial of our stillborn baby;
- after several job losses and finding a church family,
- after the death of my mom and no good-byes or reconciliation this side of heaven;
- a half a year later, after, the death of a 16 year old son, much of what time has been associated with;
after finding joy in the morning even in the grief . . . .
- after the arrival of our 12th born child and treasuring life and going on;
- after three weddings in 15 months and a new daughter & 2 new sons;
- after the continued joy and anticipation of our first grandbaby;
- after learning and continuing to learn, that Jesus is enough;
- after knowing I am a survivor because I am
Joining Lisa-Jo and her Five Minute Friday.
” five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right “